My group works on optimal learning and the exploration vs. exploitation tradeoff, at the interface between machine learning and sequential decision-making under uncertainty.
In collaboration with Yelp, we've
open-source service for Bayesian optimal experimental design.
Frazier, D. Kempe, J. Kleinberg, R. Kleinberg,
Economics and Computation, 2014.
- [Best Paper Award, 15th ACM Conference on Economics and Computation, 2014]
A Fully Sequential Elimination Procedure for Indifference-Zone Ranking and Selection with Tight Bounds on Probability of Correct Selection,
Operations Research, 2014.
- [2013 JFIG Paper Competition Finalist]
J. Xie & Frazier,
Sequential Bayes-Optimal Policies for Multiple Comparisons with a Control,
Operations Research, 2013.
- [2013 INFORMS Computing Society Student Paper Prize; 2011 JFIG Paper Competition Finalist]
Frazier, W.B. Powell & S. Dayanik,
A Knowledge-Gradient Policy for Sequential Information Collection,
SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, 2008.
- [2013 Decision Analysis Society Student Paper Competition Finalist]
- For a full list see the
or my CV.
Selected Slide Presentations
- Cornell Artificial Intelligence Seminar, Sep 2014.
- Georgia Tech, School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Apr 2014.
- Information Science for Materials Discovery and Design Workshop, Sante Fe, New Mexico, Feb 2014.
- INFORMS Healthcare Conference, Chicago, IL, Jun 2013
- Simulation Optimization Workshop, Vina del Mar, Chile, Mar 2013.
- For others, see the Presentations page. For a complete list, see my CV.
(webpage last updated Sep 18, 2014)