OR&IE 6334 Combinatorial Optimization [The Design (and Analysis) of
David Shmoys (firstname.lastname@example.org, 231 Rhodes Hall, 255-9146)
- Time and Place of Lectures: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11:40-12:55, 307 Phillips Hall, Fridays 10:10-11:25, 320 Hollister Hall (not August 26th, and note
- Office Hours: Tuesday 1-2pm, Friday 10am-12pm (except times when lecture
- Prerequisites: Although there are no formal prerequisites, the mathematical
maturity gained by taking a course such as ORIE 6300
(Mathematical Programming) or CS 4820 (Introduction to
the Analysis of Algorithms) is required for the course.
- There will be a "Piazza" site for this course through which most
handouts and course announcements will be made. Details to follow.
- Please note the unusual schedule. The class will NOT
meet three times each week. However, due to a heavier
than normal travel schedule, to ensure that there will
be 25 lecture sessions by the end of the semester,
there will be periodic lectures on Friday in addition to
the standard Tuesday-Thursday slot. The tentative list
of time slots is currently: 8/25,30; 9/1,6,8,13,15,22,23,27,29;
10/4,6,13,14,18,20,21,25,27,28; 11/1,8,10,11; 12/2,6.