- Patrick Crockett (1983) Nonparametric density and moment estimation
in random coefficients regression models.
- Edward Frees (1983) Construction of sequential age replacement
policies via stochastic approximation. Fortis Health Professor of Actuarial Science, School of Business and
Department of Statistics, University of Wisconsin. (Fellow ASA)
- Leonard A. Stefanski (1983) Influence and measurement
error in logistic regression. Professor, Department of Statistics,
North Carolina State University. (Fellow ASA)
- David M. Giltinan (1983) Bounded influence estimation in
heteroscedastic linear model. retired
- Douglas G. Simpson (1985) Aspects of robust estimation for discrete
data. Professor, Department of Statistics, University of Illinois.
(Fellow ASA, IMS)
- Arnold Stromberg (1989) Robust efficient estimation of
nonlinear regression parameters. Professor, Department of Statistics,
University of Kentucky.
- Miguel Nakamura (1989) Transformations to symmetry in the
transform-both-sides model. CIMAT, Guanajuato, Mexico.
- Karen Bandeen Roche (1990) A receptor-based model for the statistical
analysis of air pollution data: source apportionment with one source
unknown. Professor and Chair, Department of Biostatistics, Johns Hopkins.
- Mary Dowling (1991) Parameter estimation in nonlinear regression with
covariate measurement error.
- Naisyin Wang (1992) Semiparametric transform-both-sides regression
models. Professor, Department of Statistics, University of Michigan
- Victoria Chen (1993) Applying experimental design and regression
splines to high-dimensional continuous-state stochastic dynamic
programming. University of Texas, Arlington.
- Jean-Didier Opsomer (1995) Optimal bandwidth selection for fitting an additive
model by local polynomial regression. Professor, Department of Statistics, Colorado State University. (Fellow ASA)
- Gang (George) Zhou (1995) Parameter design using heteroscedastic regression
methodology and optimal designs.
- Andrew Schulman (1998) A comparison of local bandwidth selectors
for local polynomial regression, first position: EPA.
- John Staudenmayer (2000) Nonparametric regression with measurement
error. Professor, University of Massachusetts, Amherst. (Fellow ASA)
- Yan Yu (2001). Penalized spline estimation for partially linear
single index models. Joseph S. Stern Professor of Business Analytics, University of
- Ciprian Crainiceanu (2003) Nonparametric Likelihood Ratio Testing. Professor, Biostatistics, Johns Hopkins University. Gottfried F. Noether Junior Scholar Award, (Fellow ASA)
- Trevor Park (2003). A Penalized Likelihood Approach to Prinicipal Component Stabilization. First position: Assistant Professor, Statistics, University of Florida. Now Clinical Assistant Professor at U. of Illinois, Statistics.
- Matt Briggs (2004) Assessing the Value of Yes-No Forecasts, Cornell Medical College.
- Lisa Madsen (2004). Regression with Spatially Misaligned Data. Associate Professor, Oregon State University.
- Nikolay Bliznyuk (2008). Posterior Approximation by Interpolation for Bayesian inference in Computationally
Expensive Statistical Models, First position: postdoc, Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health.
Now Assistant Professor, Statistics, University of Florida.
- Minbok Kim (2008). Consistent Variable Selection via Adaptive Diagonal Ridge Estimator in Regression
Models, First position: Samsung.
- Emmanuel Sharef (2008). Nonparametric Frailty Models for the Analysis of Clustered Survival Data, First position: Morgan-Stanley.
- Ben Shaby (2009). Tools for Hard Bayesian Computations, First position: postdoc at SAMSI. Now Assistant Professor at Penn State, Statistics.
- Yingxing Li (2011). Aspects Of Penalized Splines, First position: Assistant Professor, The Wang Yanan Institute
for Studies in Economics, Xiamen University.
- Luo Xiao (2012). Topics in Bivariate Smoothing, First position: postdoc in Biostatistics, Johns Hopkins University. Now Assistant Professor N. Carolina State University, Statistics.
- Mathew McLean (2013). On Generalized Additive Models for Regression With Functional Data, First position: postdoc in Statistics, Texas A\&M University.
- Kunlaya Soiaporn (2014). On the Modeling of Multiple Functional Outcomes with Spatially Heterogeneous
Shape Characteristics, First position: Comscore.
- Ben Risk (2015). Topics in independent component analysis, likelihood component analysis, and spatiotemporal mixed modeling, First position: post-doc at SAMSI's Challenges in Computational Neuroscience. Now postdoc at UNC, Biostatistics. Next position: Assistant Professor, Department of Biostatistics, Emory University.
- Dan Kowal (2017). Bayesian Methods for Functional and Time Series Data, first position: Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics, Rice University.