Jing Xie is a Ph.D. candidate in the School of Operations Research & Information Engineering at Cornell University. She received a B.S. in Mathematics from Fudan University, Shanghai, China in 2009, and an M.S. in Operations Research in 2012.
Her Ph.D. advisor is Prof. Peter I. Frazier.
Jing Xie works in sequential decision-making under uncertainty and optimal methods for collecting information, focusing on applications in simulation, healthcare, etc. Currently she is developing Bayesian methods for optimization of computationally expensive simulations. This work uses kriging models and value of information calculations to make better decisions for allocating simulation effort, and to collect information more quickly.
- J. Xie, P. I. Frazier, and S. E. Chick (2013)
Bayesian Optimization via Simulation with Pairwise Sampling and Correlated Prior Beliefs [paper] [slides] [poster]
- J. Xie and P. I. Frazier (2013)
Sequential Bayes-Optimal Policies for Multiple Comparisons with a Known Standard [paper] [slides] [poster] [proofs]
Operations Research, to appear.
* Winner, 2013 INFORMS Computing Society Student Paper Award.
* Finalist, 2011 INFORMS Junior Faculty Interest Group Paper Competition.
- J. Xie and P.I. Frazier (2013)
Upper Bounds on the Bayes-Optimal Procedure for Ranking & Selection with Independent Normal Priors [paper]
Proceedings of the 2013 Winter Simulation Conference.
- J. Xie, P.I. Frazier, S. Sankaran, A. Marsden, and S. Elmohamed (2012)
Optimization of Computationally Expensive Simulations with Gaussian Processes and Parameter Uncertainty: Application to Cardiovascular Surgery [paper] [slides]
Proceedings of the 50th Annual Allerton Conference.
- P. I. Frazier, J. Xie, and S. E. Chick (2011)
Value of Information Methods for Pairwise Sampling with Correlations [paper] [slides]
Proceedings of the 2011 Winter Simulation Conference.
- INFORMS Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Oct 2013.
- INFORMS Annual Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona, Oct 2012.
- 50th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, Monticello, Illinois, Oct 2012.
- INFORMS Optimization Society Conference, Miami, Florida, Feb 2012.
- Winter Simulation Conference, Phoenix, Arizona, Dec 2011.
- INFORMS Annual Meeting, Charlotte, North Carolina, Nov 2011.
- INFORMS Simulation Society Workshop in Complex Service Systems, Montreal, Canada, July 2011.
- INFORMS Northeastern Regional Conference, Amherst, Massachusetts, May 2011.
- Teaching Assistant, ORIE 6750 Optimal Learning, Fall 2013, Instructor: Prof. Peter I. Frazier.
- Teaching Assistant, ORIE 3500/5500 Engineering Probability & Statistics II, Fall 2012, Instructor: Prof. Gennady Samorodnitsky.
- Masters in Engineering Project Co-Advisor, Walmart.com Team, Fall 2011 & Spring 2012, Advisor: Prof. Peter I. Frazier.
- Teaching Assistant, ORIE 6300 Mathematical Programming, Fall 2010,
Instructor: Prof. James Renegar.
Jing loves traveling!
296 Rhodes Hall
Ithaca, NY, 14853